Temporary Resident Visas

/Temporary Resident Visas
Temporary Resident Visas2016-11-01T19:59:52+00:00

Temporary Resident Visas (Visitor Visa)

 Eligibility Criteria:

To visit Canada, applicant will need to meet some basic requirements, such as:

  • have a valid passport,
  • Travel history and Travel insurance
  • have ties to home country, such as a job, home, financial assets or family
  • Return flight ticket that confirm applicant will leave Canada at the end of your visit
  • Have enough money for your stay.
  • Invitation Letter from an inviter

Applicant also need to:

  • be in good health, a medical exam may be asked
  • have no criminal or immigration-related convictions,

If applicant is a business visitor also need to convince a CIC officer that he or she looks for ways to grow your business, invest or advance your business relationships.

Applicant must send certain documents with application:

  • a letter of invitation from your potential business partner in Canada; and
  • 24-hour contact details for that person.
  • May also need identification cards or proof that you have a job.

A business visitor must show that:

  • plan to stay for less than six months,
  • do not plan to enter the Canadian labour market,
  • main place of business, and source of income and profits, is outside Canada,
  • have documents that support your application and
  • meet Canada’s basic entry requirements, because you
    • have a valid travel document, such as a passport,
    • have enough money for your stay and to return home,
    • plan to leave Canada at the end of your visit and
    • are not a criminal, security or health risk to Canadians.

Cross-border business can include:

  • buying Canadian goods or services for a foreign business or government,
  • taking orders for goods or services,
  • going to meetings, conferences, conventions or trade fairs,
  • giving after-sales service (managing, not doing hands-on labour),
  • being trained by a Canadian parent company that you work for outside Canada,
  • training employees of a Canadian branch of a foreign company or
  • being trained by a Canadian company that has sold you equipment or services.[1]

[1] For more information please visit http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/apply-who.asp